The Purpose of Security Alarm Monitoring
Have you ever wondered what the purpose of security alarm monitoring is? Unmonitored alarm systems are simply intended to scare off intruders as soon as they step foot in your premise — but you’ll have to rely on one of your neighbours to call the police if they hear the alarm. And how often will they come to your property to actually check if there is an illegal entry? The point of monitoring is it gives you peace of mind – and it does work:
- In the event of an activation SOMETHING happens. If it is a single activation then a key holder will be advised. For a multiple activation the Police may be advised – they may very well know of activity in the area and successfully apprehend the criminals. Or, police may be able to obtain some DNA or finger prints from the site and achieve an outcome if they are advised promptly
- Insurance companies often offer a discount for properties with a monitored alarm system installed
- You know that your alarm is functioning because your panel calls in and logs onto a database every 4 hours, and our software looks for the signal
- Commercially monitored alarms are a great staff management tool when combined with individual PIN’s. You have a record of when staff are entering or leaving the building, or when there have been entries made after hours
- Where there are smoke alarms hooked up to your monitored alarm system, Comms can dispatch the Fire Brigade immediately in the event of an activation. This could potentially save your home or business
- Panic or assistance required buttons can be installed, and in the event that these are activated, police can be dispatched to the scene immediately
- With alarm monitoring, we can track an array of technical information that is useful in keeping your system in good working order. Issues such as power failures, low battery, siren tampering, communication issues or corrupt data can be brought to the attention of our operators straight away, meaning less down time for your system and around the clock protection for your property or business
We also offer an app that can be used with your alarm system – arm and disarm with one click and see your open, close and activation history on your phone. This also has the capability of pairing with automatic garage door or gates to give your household automation. No phone line? No Internet? No problem. We can monitor your alarm system anywhere in New Zealand from our Northland based Communications Station.
You can get all of this added security and peace of mind from around $1.50 per day! Contact Gail on 09 430 1992 to find out how we can monitor your alarm today.